Absorption – Flow, pleasure of being rapt in learning.
Focused attention on learning.
Being absorbed in our learning helps us learn and means that we are engaged.
Absorption in learning looks and sounds like:
- I did not notice the passing of time during this activity
- I could tell people a lot about what I was learning and why I loved the activity
- I enjoyed puzzling over the task and felt in the 'flow' of learning
Things that help you to be absorbed:
- I set myself a personal goal to give me something to work towards
- I have enough sleep
- I take short breaks and move regularly to improve my mental focus
- I only complete one task at a time to help me get into a flow state I noticed which tasks did and did not interest me