We can use our power of imitation to help us learn new things quickly:
- Imitation – is picking up the skills, values and behaviours of others.
- Imitating to strengthen and accelerate learning
- Imitating to explore personal and social behaviours.
Imitation looks and sounds like:
- I identified a ‘more knowledgeable other' to learn from.
- when I watched, somebody do something it helped my learning.
- I ‘piggybacked' or built on another person's idea as a way of enhancing my learning.
- I watched someone closely before having a go at it myself.
- I recognized the differencing between ‘cheating' and ‘learning from others'.
- if I practice whilst watching someone else I know it helps me learn.
- I can learn at a faster rate by imitating someone else to find the answer.
- I can pick up good habits by imitating others.