Reasoning is to identify, explain and use effective ways to solve problems.
Reasoning to justify a decisions, to apply what is known to future situations.
Reasoning looks and sounds like:
- I used facts/clues to solve a problem.
- I could describe the thinking behind the answer that I provided.
- I eliminated responses one by one when solving a multiple-choice problem.
- I looked for evidence to support my ideas.
- I explored a variety of ways and chose the most suitable option.
- I used different types of reasoning, e.g. inductive, deductive.
- I enjoy figuring out how things fit together.
- I was able to discuss my approach and its result.