Open mindedness – Being open and considerate of the opinions and actions of others.
Being open minded helps us generate a broad range of creative ideas, consider multiple perspectives and point of view and assists in fluid and flexible thinking.
Open Mindedness looks and sounds like:
- I accepted that we all do things in different ways.
- I asked questions about what I believe.
- I asked for more information before deciding what I believed.
- I listened to someone else's ideas and perspective.
- I changed my mind when I heard more about something.
- I was considerate when I listened to someone else's opinion.
- I was interested to learn more about a topic.
- I reconsidered what I already knew or believed.
- I waited for more information before I made a choice.
- I was interested to hear someone else's point of view.
- Hearing someone else's opinion or idea was important to me.