Making links is to improve our understanding and retention of information.
Creating, asking and answering questions for different purposes. Using strategies to get the most out of questioning.
Making links looks and sounds like:
- I used my prior knowledge on a topic to make connections.
- I used a graphic organizer to show the relationships between ideas
- I grouped facts together to form a generalisation.
- I made links between what I was learning and things that are happening in the world and my life.
- I understood why I was learning something.
- I built on an idea using knowledge I already had.
- I enjoy figuring out how things fit together.