Is for understanding and remembering.
Imagining for relaxation and rehearsal, for creativity and idea generation.
Imagining looks and sounds like:
- I closed my eyes and visualised what I heard, saw and felt.
- I used my imagination to come up with creative and individual ideas.
- I rehearsed things in my mind before doing them or saying them out loud.
- I imagined a movie in my mind when reading a text.
- I built a story about what I was imagining.
- I asked myself or someone else an "I wonder" question.
- I imagined I was someone else to solve a problem.
- I visualised myself practicing a skill or doing something well.